Some of the many benefits of massage and its role as a tool to help achieve happiness include:
- Pain Management – Studies indicate that touch therapies can help manage pain, resulting in greater well-being.
- Emotional Balance – Massage reduces the harmful stress hormone, cortisol, while increasing serotonin and dopamine, instantly improving mood.
- De-stress – Managing stress leads to a happier life.
- Productivity – Lowering stress levels can improve efficiency and time management.
According to the American Massage Therapy Association:
- A study discovered women with stage 1 and stage 2 breast cancer benefited from regular massage therapy sessions.
- Research has shown that military veterans experienced significant reductions of depression and physical pain following massage therapy.
- Massage therapy is being recommended by some health professionals as a safer and drug-free alternative to pain management.